If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, you are not alone. We are here to listen to you. We are here to support you.
Your First Step
Please call or text our Helpline at 301-637-3223, Monday-Friday 10 AM to 3 PM.
Gabriel Network Staff members are waiting for your call or text. If we are not able to answer, please leave a detailed voicemail. We will return your call within one business day.
Angel Friend Program
Our Angel Friend Teams are here for you! Angel Friend Teams are trained volunteers from local churches who accompany you through pregnancy and beyond. Angel Friends and their churches can help with the Practical, Emotional, and Spiritual Support you need to thrive. If you are pregnant, call today and see how we can help!
- A Welcome to Gabriel Network baby bag
- Help with baby items, such as diapers, wipes, clothes, car seats and pack ‘n plays
- A baby shower
* Examples listed above may vary depending on availability
- Weekly check-ins
- Help with meals after the baby is born
- Monthly get-togethers
* Examples listed above may vary per church team schedule
- Daily prayers for you and your family
- Invitations to church bible studies and other events so you can find a support system that values you for who you are
Housing: Gabriel Network’s Maternity Home Program
Our Maternity Home Program offers rent-free transitional community housing for women who are pregnant and looking for a safe and nurturing place to live during and after pregnancy. Our maternity homes are located in Bowie, Ellicott City, and Gaithersburg, Maryland. Every maternity home has private rooms for women and newborns with shared common spaces (ie. living room, kitchen, bathrooms).
Our Maternity Home Program is set up to support you and help you thrive. We offer individual and group case management, assistance with setting up social services, group devotional time, and classes offered by Gabriel Network Staff or trusted partners. Class topics may include Parenting, Personal Finance, Conflict and Stress Management and more. Case management provides time and resources to help you prepare for your future. If a client is invited into our Maternity Home Program, she will be expected to participate in all programming components offered.
Housing Program Core Essentials
- Angel Friend Relationship – we work to connect you with a team of trained volunteers from a local church who desires to com alongside women by offering friendship. In this relationship, you can find encouragement, love, and the establishing of a genuine bond that serves to transform and enrich both you and your Angel Friend (team).
- Case Management – We offer you the assistance of a Case Manager who meets with you weekly (group sessions) and monthly (for an individual session) Group and individual meetings
- Childbirth and Parenting Classes – We strive to educate women in labor/delivery, nutrition, baby care, and parenting to reduce fear and anxiety through acquired knowledge provide opportunities to pursue opportunities for further stability and success.
- Life Skills Education – we provide opportunities to nurture your thriving through practical tools including opportunities to improve your holistic health (physical, emotional, and spiritual), career and employment advancement tools, etc.
- Bible Study (Life Enrichment) – we desire to share opportunities to know the unconditional love of God through period Bible sharing and reflection
- Community Involvement – we encourage active involvement in maternity home living. We focus on the social dynamics of living together through community gatherings designed to constructively discuss home life, stimulate positive interactions, build healthy relationships, and cultivate unity.
- Measurable Productivity (35-40 hrs.) – we encourage you to have a productive stay in the maternity home program, which involves
- Keeping appointments and meetings
- Maintaining employment
- Attending school
- Job searching / training
- Volunteer service
- Searching for long-term / permanent housing
- Other goal-oriented activities
Sparling Scholarships Program
Gabriel Network is pleased to offer the Lorraine Sparling Memorial Scholarship. The Scholarship provides educational and professional development assistance to current Gabriel Network clients. The scholarship provides funds of up to $2,000 per year to women who wish to continue their education.
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, you are not alone. Contact us to get help today!